And by avoiding paperwork I mean bills.
Actually, scratch that. I mean, that’s technically true but it’s not the paying of bills I fail at, it’s the filing.
I don’t know why I hate filing so much, maybe it’s genetic or something.
So here’s how it goes every month or two:
- Bills etc. arrive in the mail
- Place everything on the kitchen counter
- Wait a week (ish)
- Open mail
- Sigh audibly at every document
- Recycle envelopes and redundant paper
- Wait a week
- Pay bills grudgingly
- Leave paid bills on desk until mountain causes issues using my computer mouse
- File paperwork, sighing audibly at every document
It’s all very silly. What should take a couple minutes every week or two ends up taking me an entire evening due to my ridiculous procrastination.
Sometimes I wish I was more organized. I probably wouldn’t avoid my desk so much. And I might even begin to like my office.