Ever wonder how to print photos from your smartphone? KiiPix from TOMY offers a convenient solution to print photos from your mobile in minutes.
I’ve seen those cute modern-day Polaroids at big celebrations but I’ve never seen one that could print photos from your phone. What a modern-day convenience! KiiPix Smartphone Picture Printer offers an affordable, portable solution (is there any other kind?) allowing users to print photos in minutes. And I got one in pink!
The smartphone printer itself looks like a mini camera and in a way it is, you start by loading the film (I used Fujifilm Instax Mini Rainbow Film for this review) into the KiiPix, then set up the smartphone station. You place your phone on top of the KiiPix and hit the shutter, essentially taking a photo of a photo. Then you crank the knob a few times and a little instant photo pops out! A few minutes of developing later and you have a physical photo that came off of your smartphone. Voila
When I first set the contraption up I was quite nervous I was doing it wrong so I put together a little demonstration should anyone else have the same fear. It’s easy. You’ve got this. And your kids are going to love it.
The photo printer/camera itself runs you about $50. I grabbed mine from ToysRUs and it arrived a few days later—shipping included.
I think this is a fun device and can’t wait to set up my memory wall with all my new photos.
Official KiiPix Smartphone Printer description
- SMARTPHONE PRINTER: Instantly print favorite photos from your smartphone. It’s easy to use: Place film, place phone, and print!
- PORTABLE PHOTO PRINTER: No batteries or cords required. Take it anywhere! It’s compact and folds flat for easy travel.
- PHOTO SCANNER: Add fun filters or just get rid of the red-eye and then use KiiPix to scan those photos right to the film. You can easily print your pictures to hold on to!
- NO INSTANT CAMERA NEEDED: The KiiPix only requires FUJIFILM Instax mini film (sold separately) and your phone to provide you with fun prints.
- THE BEST PICTURES: For the best pictures, make sure your screen lock is on and that you turn the phone’s brightness all the way up.
- THE PERFECT SIZE: The credit-card size pictures produced by the photo printer are the perfect size for wallets. Photo Size: 3.4 in. x 2.1 in. and Image Size: 2.4 in. x 1.8 in.
One more thing. You may be interested in my free resource library. This is where I keep my files, downloads, ebooks, worksheets and whatever else I manage to create. I love sharing what I learn and want to keep adding to this library so it becomes a wealth of helpful goodness.
This is a free resource but I do require a password to access the library itself. You can get access by popping your email address into the form below.