I don’t know if there’s a cat vs. gator league or anything like that but is this battle even worth talking about? Wouldn’t the gator just, well, flat-out win? I guess there’s only one way to know for sure.
So, we already know about cats but what about gators?
Who would win in a cat vs. gator showdown?
What I know about gators
- “Gator” is short for “Alligator”
- Are not crocodiles
- Have a “bone crushing” bite (literally, not sarcastically, I’m just quoting Wikipedia)
- Weigh, like, 800 pounds and are, like, 14 feet long. But they can be bigger
- Live around 50 years
- Live in and around fresh and brackish water
- Kill prey in one bite or by dragging it underwater (sounds like the kangaroo…)
- Eat everything from insects to deer
- Live only in southeast USA and one river in China
- Have incredible bite power but duct tape can prevent it from opening its jaw
Oh man, I can’t wait to see this scorecard.
Well, according to the scorecard it’s…a tie?
In my mind, the alligator has a huge advantage, with his “bone crushing bite” and all. So, what gives? Well, the cat has much more mobility and agility. As well, cats are adept hunters, able to hunt and live in a variety of climates and have extremely sensitive senses. Alligators? Not so much. They’re more large, lunging lizards who will take a chunk out of you if you are caught off-guard.
So, if you’re hanging out in the bayou and bugging the gators he might try to eat you. But only if you really get on his nerves because they’re kind of lazy and tend to go for prey that is pretty small. A cat on the other hand, would eat your face if he was hungry enough.
Other stupid animal battles
One more thing. You may be interested in my free resource library. This is where I keep my files, downloads, ebooks, worksheets and whatever else I manage to create. I love sharing what I learn and want to keep adding to this library so it becomes a wealth of helpful goodness.
This is a free resource but I do require a password to access the library itself. You can get access by popping your email address into the form below.