Are We Happy Yet? author Lisa Cypers Kamen says happiness isn’t the destination but a byproduct of the journey. Curious? There’s more.
What would you say if I told you there’s a formula for happiness? What if I told you happiness is available to all but isn’t something you’re entitled to? Would you believe me if I told you happiness comes from inside and not from anything external—not stuff, not people, not circumstances?
What would you say if I told you the keys to unlocking happiness were available in paperback?
Are We Happy Yet? author Lisa Cypers Kamen says happiness comes from the transformative power of self-mastery, and that happiness isn’t the destination but a byproduct of the journey.
Curious? There’s more.
In her book, she confronts common objections for why we aren’t or can’t be happy. Trauma, genetic depression, real problems, etc. Not discounting the challenges we face, there are ample exercises and quizzes to help us gauge where we’re at happiness-wise and arm ourselves with the data we need to move forward, towards a happier life. She challenges us to deal with the mental horde of stuff packed away in our attic and take a more emotional minimalist approach—let it go!
Eight Keys to Unlocking a Joyful Life
- Life is tough, but happiness is available to us all
- Your inner child is your inner sage available to guide you
- More is not always better
- We cannot control life, only ourselves
- Our happiness is our personal responsibility
- Choose activities and people that foster happiness
- Treat yourself the way you wish to be treated
- Happiness is an inside job. Happiness is your inside job
Each of the eight keys is defined, explained, and unpacked using storytelling, clear language, and motivational exercises. If you’re wondering where your happiness roadblocks are, this book will help you define, deal with, and move past them.
The new revised edition of Are We Happy Yet?: Eight Keys to Unlocking a Joyful Life releases March 20, 2017.
Are We Happy Yet? Eight Keys to Unlocking a Joyful Life Synopsis
Are We Happy Yet? Eight Keys to Unlocking a Joyful Life is an exciting fusion of science and heart, offering a guide in creating our own personal “happiness revolution.”
Lisa Cypers Kamen, an internationally known applied positive psychology coach, lifestyle management specialist and Harvesting Happiness Talk Radio show host, gives us the keys to her breakthrough system for cultivating sustainable wellbeing and happiness in our lives from the inside out— regardless of external circumstance. Lisa’s techniques combine mental, emotional and spiritual muscle-building training for greater resiliency, self-mastery and optimal living.
Her inspiring and practical tips, keys, and exercises will boost your “Happiness-Factor” to new levels and show you how to tap into the joy and peace you deserve.
You’ll learn how to:
- Accept the past for what it is—a reference point, not a destination
- Embrace the truth that while life is tough, you can be happy
- Transform your relationship with yourself from enemy to ally
- Appreciate why less is often more
- Focus on what’s right with your life, not what’s wrong
- Control the only person you can—yourself
- Invest in yourself to become more mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit
- Use your newly discovered joy to become a more positive and productive influence in the world—and much more
Are We Happy Yet? Eight Keys to Unlocking a Joyful Life is available at your favourite neighbourhood or online bookseller.