As much as I love my practical protective iPhone case (and I do, I really, really do) I’m much more interested in expressing myself with my phone case!
Designing your own iPhone case
I decided to design my own iPhone case with Vistaprint. Here’s a quick how to.
Here’s how to design your own case with Vistaprint
- You’ll need an account to do any of this so start by creating a free account
- Next, search for the type of product you want to design (so in this case you’ll search for “iPhone case”)
- Select the option you like and then navigate through the different details (in this case, phone model, case finish and quantity)
- Then either work from a pre-made design or upload your own
- Once you like your design, review it and confirm your approval
- Go through the checkout and purchase your customized iPhone case!
Pro tip: This was passed down to me and now I’m continuing the tradition: get on Vistaprint’s mailing list and wait for the free shipping deal to come around. That’s when you make your move.
Although the interface is easy to use (and they offer a lot of design suggestions), I didn’t love any of my ideas.
But then inspiration struck
Here’s the big idea, I’ll use the design from my wedding reception invitations!
My talented sister designed my invites. Aww. So sweet. She based the idea on the umbrellas I had at my wedding as well as the damask pattern I love. The colour scheme is actually from some wallpaper I desperately searched for and eventually found in England. So it’s really me.
Anyway, here’s where I have to admit I did not follow the rules and I did pay for shipping. I instead went for the 50% off the entire site sale. So…I don’t know. Maybe my tip won’t change your life.
I waited about a week for my case and when it arrived I was pretty stoked. It did look good if I do say so myself.
And I love that I now have a lasting reminder of my rad wedding invites. This just fills the space so well. My only caution is the edges on my case design did bleed a bit so I don’t have as perfect a design as I hoped, but still. It’s pretty awesome.
One more thing. I think you’ll enjoy my free resource library. This is where I keep my files, downloads, ebooks, worksheets and whatever else I manage to create. I love sharing what I learn and want to keep adding to this library so it becomes a wealth of helpful goodness.
This is a free resource but I do require a password to access the library itself. You can get access by popping your email address into the form below.