There are a zillion uses for duct tape, or so I’ve heard. I mostly use it for taping things and one time I used it to cover a scrape on my leg.
There are a zillion uses for duct tape, or so I’ve heard. I mostly use it for taping things and one time I used it to cover a scrape on my leg while I was hiking so it wouldn’t get infected. Handy stuff, that duct tape.
A decade or so ago my brothers got really into duct tape wallets. I don’t know how many they made but it was a lot and as time went on they went from being really thick and awkward to actually being pretty functional.
It was the best of times, it was the…no it was just awesome.
Anyway, I’ve never had the patience to really make much out of duct tape but I’ve seen dresses, book bags, and of course heard all The Red Green Show jokes about fixing/rigging everything with duct tape.
But actually, you can fix anything with duct tape. Except ducts (Just kidding. Sort of. You do have to get specialty tape for this task). In fact, I’ve recently learned duct tape was one of the key items that saved the people on Apollo 13 and 17. Crazy.
So in honour of this mighty tape here’s the list.
Top Five Interesting Uses for Duct Tape
- Let’s start off big, shall we? For this most creative use of duct tape I have no words. Just a picture. I just…love this.
- Obviously, duct tape wallets. I’ve always loved these. I used to have some, from one of my brothers, but I don’t know what’s happened to them.
- Repair leaks in tires. I’ve never tried this myself but I have used duct tape to patch a tent, shoe, jacket, and trampoline so why not a tire? My husband uses duct tape to repair practically everything at work at one time or another. Including the window of his crew truck.
- Create a handy rope or clothesline when camping. Duct tape is difficult to tear and is very strong. When wound together it can be quite an effective hanging/pulling device. One might suggest simply bring a rope or clothesline to which I ask: Where’s the fun in that?
- Removing warts. Although contested, some people swear by duct tape occlusion therapy. I can’t recall if I’ve ever tried this but I do remember it being quite popular 10 years ago.
These are some of the most creative uses for duct tape I could come up with. But I KNOW there are more! This is but a mere sampling!
Other amazing top five lists
- Top Five Interesting Facts About Coffee
- Top Five Library Books I Recommend
- For the gardeners: Top Five Uses for Mint
One more thing. I think you’ll enjoy my free resource library. This is where I keep my files, downloads, ebooks, worksheets and whatever else I manage to create. I love sharing what I learn and want to keep adding to this library so it becomes a wealth of helpful goodness.
This is a free resource but I do require a password to access the library itself. You can get access by popping your email address into the form below.