Chocolate covered strawberries. Now HERE is a gift idea everyone will love. It’s delicious, there’s no baking, and takes very little effort.
That is, unless you hate strawberries and chocolate. (Is it possible?)
Not only is it affordable, but it’s easy. All you need are strawberries and chocolate chips. And when strawberries are in season, they’re quite cheap and very delicious.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries instructions
- Ratio: One cup of chocolate chips to one pound of strawberries
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over simmering water
- Stir until smooth, remove from heat
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper
- Holding the strawberries by the stem, dip into chocolate, lift, and twist over bowl to catch drips
- Place strawberry on wax paper
- Let set for at least half an hour—putting them into the fridge will help this process along
And that’s it! What a great gift idea. Thanks to Julia for suggesting it (and for letting me sample some, yum!)
Oh, and if you’d like a far more complicated slash comprehensive chocolate covered strawberries recipe then here’s one from All Recipes.
Here are a couple things I learned from that recipe. First, bigger berries don’t always taste better. Second, high-quality chocolate has more cocoa butter and is smoother and glossier when it melts.
Other DIY gift type posts
One more thing. You may be interested in my free resource library. This is where I keep my files, downloads, ebooks, worksheets and whatever else I manage to create. I love sharing what I learn and want to keep adding to this library so it becomes a wealth of helpful goodness.
This is a free resource but I do require a password to access the library itself. You can get access by popping your email address into the form below.