After living in England for the past year I’ve learned a thing or two. And since I like top five lists I thought I’d put everything together in this little ditty for your enjoyment, education, and edification. Not sure about the last one.
England Top Five
Things I have whole-heartedly embraced since moving to England:
- Sharon Osbourne is a celebrity
- Reality Shows (including but not limited to: The X Factor, Big Brother, Strictly Come Dancing and I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here)
- Tennis, darts and gym equipment
- The Mighty Boosh
- English Breakfast
Things I have begrudgingly adapted to since moving to England:
- Fashion boots
- Leg Warmers
Things I am still confused by/resistant to:
- Constant grey skies/wind/rain
- Yorkshire Pudding and really the whole Sunday Roast thing
- Premiership League Football (I know I said I wouldn’t leave the UK until I “got” it but it’s a lost cause)
- The greeting, “Alright?” instead of, “How do you do?”, “How are you?”, or even, “Hello”
- The horrible excuse for coffee that is England (I swear if one more barista asks me: 1) how to make an Americano or 2) would I like milk in my Americano, I will hurt him/her)
Other top five lists and stuff
One more thing. You may be interested in my free resource library. This is where I keep my files, downloads, ebooks, worksheets and whatever else I manage to create. I love sharing what I learn and want to keep adding to this library so it becomes a wealth of helpful goodness.
This is a free resource but I do require a password to access the library itself. You can get access by popping your email address into the form below.