Today wasn’t a prolific one, but it did involve writing as most of my work days do. Here’s the list of what I wrote today.
What I wrote today
When I dreamed about being a full-time writer I didn’t think about what my days would be like, although in hindsight it would have been smart.
But I did dream. What about? I can’t remember. Something about being able to express myself in the truest way. Something vague. With the rosiest-romantic glasses in existence.
It’s OK. The glasses are off, and I’m none the worse for wear. Writing for a living is awesome, but it’s not glamorous. So I thought I’d tell you about it.
Today wasn’t a prolific one, but it did involve writing as most of my work days do.
Here’s the list of what I wrote today
- Tightened 12 descriptions, which included some editing, some fact-checking, and slight reworking. I then added these descriptions to products in a web store
- Wrote 50 or so emails (it counts)
- Continued editing on a 650-word article I’m writing for the May edition of Insights magazine. It’s about parenting, which isn’t as much of a stretch as I thought it would be seeing as I am not a parent. Don’t worry, I’m not giving advice
- Wrote marketing copy for a few products. It works out to five or six versions for different uses—magazine ads, flyer copy, web banner ads, email banner ads, snapshot ads, and social media posts
- Proofed the April version of Insights magazine. It’s close to going to print. Sometime this week
- Proofed a CD cover going to print sometime this week or next
- Strategized a writing plan for a website (opted to take it in chunks…to be completed in 2016). First step: choosing topics to organize articles into, what a chore!
- Drafted a press release. In my head (it counts!)
I feel like there was more but it escapes me. Sometimes my days blur together. Although much of my day was filled with math as I proposed a new budget for my work’s 2015-2016 fiscal year. So much thinking. So much math.
Other Articles about Freelance WRiting
One more thing. You may be interested in my free resource library. This is where I keep my files, downloads, ebooks, worksheets and whatever else I manage to create. I love sharing what I learn and want to keep adding to this library so it becomes a wealth of helpful goodness.
This is a free resource but I do require a password to access the library itself. You can get access by popping your email address into the form below.